Friday, May 22, 2009

Bryce Gordon is here!!





















Hello everyone!! Brycie boy is here!!! And so totally adorably precious and gorgeous! What a sweetheart. I find the more babies I have the more I really appreciate them. They are the sweetest little things. Mostly because they can't talk back or fight with the others!=) They also have a sweet way of bringing the family closer as everyone gets used to them and wants to love them.
He was born May 8th at 2:59 pm. He weighed 6lbs 7 oz and was 17 inches. Although at his week check up he was 19, so maybe someone missed something. I guess they don't stretch them out as much as the doctor.
Here's the labor and delivery story....I went in for an amnio to make sure his lungs were all done at about 37 1/2 weeks, they'd been watching me for about 9 weeks due to low fluid. They didn't even do the amnio since the fluid was so low and he just sent me over to the hospital. They induced me and 3 hours later our little man was here. I have to say the worst part was getting the epidural since I had it done so quickly I didn't feel many contractions. They did have to do it 3 times though!!! AAAHHH!!! I forget how much it hurts to get...but much better I'm sure than delivering the little guy without it.
He's loved to pieces. Andi always wants to hold him and love him and doesn't like anyone we don't know to hold him. She got very upset when one of the nurses took him to the nursery for his first bath. She was a little pill the first 4 days home or so. Luckily we are getting through it and she's getting back to normal. Which isn't to say she is always a little angel.=) Terrible two's and all that.
5 days later I went back into the hospital and had my gallbladder taken out. I'm pretty sure this was the worst part of the whole thing. I was feeling great after delivery and then the surgery messed it all up. It's takes about a week and a half to feel better. Maybe not completely back to normal but better.
Luckily for me I have the best hubby ever. He's been home with me almost the whole two weeks since Bryce was born and has really helped me to feel better. I don't know what it'll be like when he goes back to work.=(
Bryce is a good little sleeper at night, but I have a hard time getting him to stay asleep during the day. He likes to be held. Sounds just like my Aidan used to be.
We had family pics done last night and I will post some when they come in.
Daddy and his newest addition
Loving the baby
Ian and Bryce....Ian LOVES holding bryce!
Big sister and her newest little brother
Aidan and his newest victim....hopefully he'll give hime some time befor the torture begins!

2 comments:

FishinFamily said...

Oh my goodness...CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I'm excited to see your family pictures. I bet they are AdOrAbLe! Yay for blogging, now we can keep in touch. =) Love ya!
Nikki

Camilla said...

So glad to see that you updated the blog again with baby pics! Keep it up. I love to see how the kids are doing.