Friday, August 22, 2008

last day of summer and back to school





We had a few days of fun before we headed back to school this fall. We finally made it camping! Yeah. We headed up good ole AF canyon and camped by the river. The kids had a ball looking for rocks and of course Aidan found and kept finding tons of snails. That boy could find a needle in a haystack...I'm serious. He finds the oddest things when we're out and about. Andi was a little pain in the backside. She really hated the first day and night. I think she was wondering what the heck we were doing there in the first place. I tried to keep her contained on a blanket, but of course being a McEwan child she had a mind of her own and her own agenda. She was off the blanket every two seconds. And of course all the other kids were walking all over with muddy feet. Now I'm not too picky about dirt when we are camping, but talk about dirt. I couldn't believe how filthy she could get, which in turn ends up on me since she cried about every other minute to be held. We even talked about going home after that first night. Thank goodness she got over most of it. The second day she was having a little more fun and even splashed in the water a bit. I was so glad since it took so much planning and effort just to get us there. Let me tell you as a mother of four, it's so not worth it for only one night!!! Way too much work. We might as well just stay home and watch movies. So I was glad we made it for the whole weekend. She even went to sleep well the second night. Only a little crying then it was out for the night.








Thanksgiving Point is doing this awesome $2 tuesday's in all of August. So the Tuesday before back-t0-school we headed over there for some fun. We went to the Children's Discovery gardens since we've never been there before. The kids had an awesome time and loved playing in the water. It was a perfect after work activity since it didn't take too lond and they had lots of fun. I think the bear cave was one of the favs.








Monday the kids headed back to school. Kinz is in 4th grade now and Aidan is starting 2nd. I can't believe how fast the babies grow. Aidan was shy and bashful and I walked with them the first day. Kinzie really didn't want me to, but it turned out she needed help finding where her class lined up at so it's a good thing I made it. They both looked so cute and grown up. Aidan is already giving me fits about getting up and today(friday, first week) told me he wasn't going to school. This is a common Aidan statement. You'd think he'd figure it out...somehow he seems to get there no matter what he tells me he's not going to do. We tried a 9 pm bedtime and I think we need to make it a little bit earlier for my not so moring person. The only problem is it's still light outside!



Notice Kinzie's metal mouth!! Isn't she cute?




That's our last couple weeks in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

Bonnie Young said...

Way to go Mykin, I love your posts, and your kids have grown up so much!!! I can't believe that Kinz is in the 4th grade. We start school tomorrow and Olivia is going to Kindergarten, Shay to 2nd also, and Mia is in pre-chool. Wow we are getting so old!!